How to live without fear
“There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.” ― Miyamoto Musashi,
Sasaki Kojiro (right) engages Miyamoto Musashi on the shores of Ganryū Island. Courtesy of WikipediaJapanese samurai Miyamoto Musashi was a Japanese swordsman, philosopher, and writer.
He is considered one of the most skilled martial artists to have ever lived.
His lifelong goal was to find enlightenment through understanding the meaning behind fearlessness in Japanese culture; he believed that by mastering himself, you could conquer any enemy.
Please remember his 9 secrets of victory and you’ll be well on your way to overcoming your fears:
- Secret #1: Focus on the physical aspect of combat
- Secret #2: Conquer your fear
- Secret #3: Make your mind like water
- Secret #4: Resist the urge
- Secret #5: Control your fear
- Secret #6: “Do not allow yourself to be overcome with anger
- Secret #7: Know yourself
- Secret #8: Don’t wait for something to happen
- Secret #9: Take control of your destiny