- After a disastrous few months, Magic Leap is embarking on a new phase under a new CEO – former Microsoft exec Peggy Johnson.
- Joining her for the ride is a newly formed leadership team, made of insiders and new hires. Some existing employees have been given new titles and responsibilities as part of the restructuring.
- Here’s who’s on the team, and what you should know about them.
- Are you a current or former Magic Leap employee? You can contact this reporter securely using the encrypted messaging app Signal (+1-628-228-1836) or encrypted email (email@example.com). Reach out using a nonwork device.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Magic Leap is in a bad state. The augmented reality startup, once flush with cash and bursting with hype, has spent the past year laying off employees and restructuring its business.
In May, CEO Rony Abovitz announced he would step down and help the board search for his replacement. Just over a month later, Microsoft executive Peggy Johnson was appointed to charter a new course for Magic Leap that will be focused on enterprise.
But she won’t be alone. As Magic Leap enters its new phase, it’s stacking its new leadership team with long-term insiders and outside talent. Johnson has also introduced a more traditional set of corporate titles, Business Insider has learned.
We’ve identified nine key people leading Magic Leap as it attempts to recalibrate and recapture some of the hype.