Bahrain reopens restaurants, cafes after seven months of closure

Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Linkedin Email Bahrain reopens restaurants, cafes after seven months of closure Restaurants and cafes in Bahrain opened their doors yesterday to allow customers to dine indoor after being prohibited to do so for nearly seven months due to the pandemic, local media reported. However, a maximum of 30 people will be allowed inside the premises at a given time and all precautionary directives of the Health Ministry are to be strictly followed, authorities have informed. Read| Bahrain allows nurseries to reopen Bahrain recently reported a drop of around 45 per cent in the daily virus infections over the period from September 17 to October 14, attributing the decline to observance of health precautions. Outdoor dining at restaurants and cafés had resumed during the first week of September as the kingdom relaxed restrictions against the virus. However last week authorities shut down a number of outlets in Adliya for violating rules in place to control the spread of the coronavirus. Field campaigns will continue to ensure all businesses’ compliance with precautions adopted against COVID-19, authorities said. According to the eateries, there was a reasonably good turnout of customers throughout the day and they are waiting for even more customers in the evening, especially those cafes that serve Hookah. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Linkedin Email Previous articleKuwait: Ban on 34 countries to continue Born in Kuwait, based in Mumbai. An Editor for Kwt Today, mainly covering topics on lifestyle and current affairs.

Continue Reading Bahrain reopens restaurants, cafes after seven months of closure

Bahrain allows nurseries to reopen

Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Linkedin Email Bahrain allows nurseries to reopen Nurseries will reopen in Bahrain, starting from Sunday as the kingdom further eases restrictions earlier imposed due to the spread of the coronavirus. Minister of Labour and Social Development Jamil bin Mohammed has issued a circular, announcing the resumption of care activities at the licensed nurseries while abiding by the precautions against COVID-19, Bahraini newspaper Al Bilad has reported. Read| Bahrainis exempted from COVID-19 test fees “It is necessary for owner, administrative staff and nannies of nurseries as well as children’s parents to implement the instructions issued by the Health Ministry to protect public health,” said the minister. Preventive measures to be adopted by nurseries include daily sterilisation of their buildings, and employment of a nurse in the nursery accommodating 100 children and above. Nannies are also obliged to wear face shields while on duty, and only a family member should be allowed to accompany the child to the nursery and take him/her later in the day. As part of the health measures, parents are committed to providing home-made food and drinks to their children, with the nursery only providing sterilised water bottles if necessary. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Linkedin Email Previous articleOman: Mosques to remain closed Next articleKuwait refuses to renew expired visas for 200 Egyptian teachers Born in Kuwait, based in Mumbai. An Editor for Kwt Today, mainly covering topics on lifestyle and current affairs.

Continue Reading Bahrain allows nurseries to reopen

Bahrain allows partial return to school from Sunday

Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Linkedin Email Bahrain allows partial return to school from Sunday Bahrain has said it will allow the return of students on an optional basis to their classrooms next week amid stringent precautions against the coronavirus. “Starting from Sunday October 25, there will be partial return at all educational stages in public schools and private kindergartens for students whose parents have opted for their attendance of school,” Undersecretary of the Health Ministry Dr. Walid Al Manae said. Read| Bahrain: Restaurants shut down after failing to comply with health precautions A health team has been set up at each school to be tasked with organising and applying health measures including checking temperatures of the staff and students, enforcing social distancing and constant sterilisation, he added, according to Bahraini newspaper Al Watan. The new academic year for public schools started in Bahrain on October 11 with remote learning as a precaution to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus. As part of further relaxation of the restrictions earlier imposed due to the virus outbreak, cafes and restaurants in Bahrain will be allowed beginning next Saturday to provide indoor services, Dr. Al Manae said. Thirty persons at maximum should be allowed inside the place, according to the new rules. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Linkedin Email Previous articleSaudi Arabia launches new e-visa, passport services Next articleBahrainis exempted from COVID-19 test fees Born in Kuwait, based in Mumbai. An Editor for Kwt Today, mainly covering topics on lifestyle and current affairs.

Continue Reading Bahrain allows partial return to school from Sunday

Bahrain extends validity of visit visas until 2021

Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Linkedin Email Bahrain extends validity of visit visas until 2021 Bahrain’s Nationality, Passports and Residence Affairs (NPRA) announced today it has decided to re-extend the validity of all types of visit visas until 21 January 2021 with fee exception to all visitors. The NPRA will automatically carry out the extension process without the need to apply for the renewal through the e-visa website. Read| Bahrain introduces rapid testing for COVID-19 The service allows visitors to correct their residency situation in the country and facilitate their departure in case of the availability of flights to their countries due to the extraordinary global situation resulting from the coronavirus. It is also part of a host of procedures taken previously to support citizens and residents in light of such extraordinary situations. The NPRA has provided facilities to visitors and residents in Bahrain since the beginning of the pandemic through extending the validity of residency permits and visas for foreigners in Bahrain without paying the administration fees for a humanitarian reason as part of the national efforts against the spread of coronavirus. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Linkedin Email Previous articleBahrain introduces rapid testing for COVID-19 Next articleBahrain: Restaurants shut down after failing to comply with health precautions Born in Kuwait, based in Mumbai. An Editor for Kwt Today, mainly covering topics on lifestyle and current affairs.

Continue Reading Bahrain extends validity of visit visas until 2021

Bahrain: Restaurants shut down after failing to comply with health precautions

Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Linkedin Email Bahrain: Restaurants shut down after failing to comply with health precautions Bahraini authorities have closed a number of restaurants and cafes for violating rules in place to control the spread of the coronavirus, police said. The violating businesses were detected in the capital Manama, according to the chief of the General Directorate of Criminal Investigations and Forensic Science. Read| Bahrain extends validity of visit visas until 2021 The official added that field campaigns will continue to ensure all businesses’ compliance with precautions adopted against COVID-19. Last month, Bahrain allowed restaurants and coffee shops as the kingdom has recently relaxed restrictions against the virus. Last week, Bahrain reported a drop of around 45 per cent in the daily virus infections over the period from September 17 to October 14, attributing the decline to observance of health precautions. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Linkedin Email Previous articleBahrain extends validity of visit visas until 2021 Next articleNew fees at Muscat International Airport parking for PCR drive-through test Born in Kuwait, based in Mumbai. An Editor for Kwt Today, mainly covering topics on lifestyle and current affairs.

Continue Reading Bahrain: Restaurants shut down after failing to comply with health precautions

Bahrain introduces rapid testing for COVID-19

Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Linkedin Email Bahrain introduces rapid testing for COVID-19 Bahrain has launched a rapid test service to detect COVID-19, a health official said today. The service introduced on a trial basis aims at initially conducting 20,000 tests, mainly for teachers, students, front-line medical teams and persons displaying symptoms of the disease, head of labs at the Health Ministry’s Primary Health Care Batul Al Alawi added. Read| Bahrain scraps 10-day quarantine for incoming passengers This type of testing detects coronavirus infections through a nasal swab and accurately diagnoses the patient’s case in 15 minutes without a need for a specialised lab. The official noted that results of the rapid test are the same as those of the virus-detecting PCR testing. “This test does not substitute the PCR in case the result is positive,” she said. The rapid test is characteristically easy to use and saves time as it can be conducted in campaigns to examine a large number of people in a short span of time. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Linkedin Email Previous articleOman: Dozens convicted for violating COVID-19 rules Born in Kuwait, based in Mumbai. An Editor for Kwt Today, mainly covering topics on lifestyle and current affairs.

Continue Reading Bahrain introduces rapid testing for COVID-19