The world 400m champion Salwa Eid Naser has escaped a doping ban on a technicality – after one of her missed drug tests was struck off due to a “confused” tester knocking on a door containing gas canisters by mistake.An independent tribunal found that a doping control officer who had come to test Naser in Bahrain in April 2019 had been thrown off by the unusual numbering system on the buildings around her apartment.As a result, the tester spent an hour knocking on a door that “was in fact a storage unit and contained a number of gas canisters which are immediately visible when you look up above the door”, the report said, adding: “It would have been comical were the consequences not so serious.”However, the report was sympathetic to the doping control officer, saying the “numbering on the doors is extremely confusing,” adding: “It was obvious that he was anxious and committed to do everything possible to locate and test the athlete and took his responsibilities very seriously.”Under Wada rules, any combination of three whereabouts failures – filing failures or missed tests – within a 12-month period by an athlete constitutes an anti-doping violation.Naser, who ran the third-fastest 400m in history when winning gold at the world championships in Doha last year, also had two other missed tests – on 12 March 2019 and 24 January 2020 – and a filing failure on 16 March 2019 against her upheld by the disciplinary tribunal.However, the 22-year-old was not banned as filing failures are backdated to the start of each quarter – in this case 1 January – which meant she had not technically had three failures in a 12-month period. The tribunal appeared critical of Naser, pointing out she had not put a telephone number in her World Anti-Doping Agency athlete system (Adams), and also lived in an apartment with no intercom or buzzer.“The athlete did not help herself in many regards,” it said. “She could have entered explanatory information on ADAMS, as is suggested in the AIU whereabouts notices she receives quarterly, which would have prevented the confusion of numbers and given additional information to assist a DCO.”The report said Naser has been “subject to the whereabouts regime for some years” but had never successfully been able to enter her details into the online Adams system, even with the help of her boyfriend, despite frequent attempts.The Athletics Integrity Unit, which handles doping cases in track and field, can appeal the decision to the court of arbitration for sport within 30 days.Naser has yet to comment but in June she said: “I’ve never been a cheat. I will never be. I only missed three drug tests, which is normal. It happens. It can happen to anybody. I don’t want people to get confused in all this because I would never cheat.“I would never take performance-enhancing drugs. I believe in talent, and I know I have the talent.”
In 2017 a local boys soccer team in Dallas made up of 14-year-olds defeated the United States national women’s team. It was downplayed by media with claims that the best women in American soccer weren’t really trying against the young boys, but anyone with a brain knows there is zero chance the women’s team was laying off. They tried their best to defeat the boys, many of whom were likely recently past puberty, and still lost 5-2. It was a wake-up call that should have been heeded, but not everyone got the message. Schools in Connecticut failed to do so and are now paying the price as Education Secretary Betsy DeVos announced the White House is withholding funds earmarked for desegregation until high schools stop allowing biological males claiming to be females to dominate girls’ athletics. According to Just The News: The department’s Office for Civil Rights has warned officials at three Connecticut school districts several times that it will not release the grant money as planned on Oct. 1, unless they withdraw from the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference over its transgender policies. Officials with the conference, which governs high school athletics in the state, say their policies conform to Connecticut law. The five-year grants worth roughly $45 million, and the remaining $18 million is earmarked for districts in New Haven, Hartford and southeast Connecticut that operate magnet schools under a federally approved, voluntary desegregation plan, The Times also reports. The charade has been going on long enough. It’s unfair for girls who have trained their whole lives to reach the top of their sport to be sideswiped by mediocre male athletes who claim to be girls. This is a good move by Betsy DeVos. COVID-19 may take down an independent news outlet Nobody said running a media site would be easy. We could use some help keeping this site afloat. Colleagues have called me the worst fundraiser ever. My skills are squarely rooted on the journalistic side of running a news outlet. Paying the bills has never been my forte, but we’ve survived. We have ads on the site that help, but since the site’s inception this has been a labor of love that otherwise doesn’t bring in the level of revenue necessary to justify it. When I left a nice, corporate career in 2017, I did so knowing I wouldn’t make nearly as much money. But what we do at NOQ Report to deliver the truth and fight the progressive mainstream media narrative that has plagued this nation is too important for me to sacrifice it for the sake of wealth. We know we’ll never make a ton of money this way, and we’re okay with that. Things have become harder with the coronavirus lockdowns. Both ad money and donations that have kept us afloat for a while have dropped dramatically. We thought we could weather the storm, but the so-called “surge” or “2nd-wave” that mainstream media and Democrats are pushing has put our prospects in jeopardy. In short, we are now in desperate need of financial assistance. The best way NOQ Report readers can help is to donate. Our Giving Fuel page makes it easy to donate one-time or monthly. Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal as well. We need approximately $11,500 to stay afloat for the rest of 2020, but more would be wonderful and any amount that brings us closer to our goal is greatly appreciated. The second way to help is to become a partner. We’ve strongly considered seeking angel investors in the past but because we were paying the bills, it didn’t seem necessary. Now, we’re struggling to pay the bills. This shouldn’t be the case as our traffic the last year has been going up dramatically. June, 2018, we had 11,678 visitors. A year later in June, 2019, we were up to 116,194. In June, 2020, we had 614,192. We’re heading in the right direction and we believe we’re ready talk to patriotic investors who want to not only “get in on the action” but more importantly who want to help America hear the truth. Interested investors should contact me directly with the contact button above. Election year or not, coronavirus lockdowns or not, anarchic riots or not, the need for truthful journalism endures. But in these times, we need as many conservative media voices as possible. Please help keep NOQ Report going. Check out the NEW NOQ Report Podcast. American Conservative Movement Join fellow patriots as we form a grassroots movement to advance the cause of conservatism. The coronavirus crisis has prompted many, even some conservatives, to promote authoritarianism. It’s understandable to some extent now, but it must not be allowed to embed itself in American life. We currently have 8000+ patriots with us in a very short time. If you are interested, please join us to receive updates.