Originally published on BGR on 2020 08 10 by Yoni Heisler https://bgr.com/2020/08/10/bill-gates-explains-when-well-finally-be-able-to-conquer-the-coronavirus-pandemic/
- Bill Gates during a recent interview said the United States will be able to move past the coronavirus by the end of 2021.
- Gates added that less developed countries may not be able to move past COVID-19 until 2022.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci recently said that the United States might be in a lot of trouble if the number of new coronavirus cases in the country doesn’t drop below 10,000 by fall.
During the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Bill Gates has become something of an authoritative figure on the virus and what needs to be done to help defeat it.. And though Gates’ position in this role might appear surprising at first glance, the Microsoft founder a few years warned us about the danger of a global pandemic taking hold.
"If anything kills over 10 million people in the next few decades, it’s most likely to be a highly infectious virus rather than a war," Gates explained during a 2015 Ted Talk. "Not missiles, but microbes. Now, part of the reason for this is that we’ve invested a huge amount in nuclear deterrents. But we’ve actually invested very little in a system to stop an epidemic. We’re not ready for the next epidemic."
Today’s Top Deals
- Viral 60-second hack makes your coronavirus face mask fit so much better
- Today’s best deals: 92¢ KN95 face masks, rare Purell discounts, Energizer AA batteries, $14 Bluetooth earbuds, more
- 10 cheap gadgets on Amazon you’ll wonder how you ever lived without
Trending Right Now:
- Russian scientists have found a major weakness of the coronavirus
- This is terrible news if you need a second stimulus check
- CDC revises face mask guidelines, says you should avoid this type of mask
Bill Gates reveals when he thinks we’ll finally conquer the coronavirus originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 10 Aug 2020 at 20:08:45 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.